Tuesday 21 June 2016

Washout


It rained continuously from Saturday evening through to yesterday afternoon. I got soaked to the skin on Sunday when we walked from Lee Bay to Ilfracombe and back (coming back the long way), despite having one of those pack-a-mac thingies from Mountain Warehouse. I was wetter inside the damned thing from sweat that couldn't escape, coupled with rain coming in through the stitching of the rain-proofs.

On the basis of that I bought a long waxed jacket (for air circulation) for £35 and broad-brimmed, Australian style hat (£20 with a negotiated £5 discount on the basis of a combined purchase) from Pannier Market in Barnstaple yesterday, and hey presto, the sun came out. I'm now looking forward to the next deluge to test out the waxed jacket, regardless of the fact we're on holiday and some sun would be nice. I must get my money's worth!



No comments: