Tuesday 26 April 2016

Strawberry Fields Forever


Got these the other day from a local greengrocer. 


Pine berries and strasberries, with the pine berries being reversed colour. Both are strawberry cultivars and not some 'Frankenfood'. The pine berries taste a little of pineapple while the strasberries look like a cross between a raspberry and a strawberry. The strasberries have a very intense strawberry flavour. Damned expensive, but I was intrigued.

A bit of a goading story in the Bristol Post last week. The council was being criticised for not celebrating St George's Day, despite having an area called St George's. I believe a council official said that Bristol was now too multicultural to celebrate St George's Day and couldn't afford to celebrate every culture's national day. I think this was a bit of a red herring. I certainly can't remember Bristol (or any other place I've ever lived in England) EVER celebrating St George's Day in any civic manner.


No comments: