Thursday 3 March 2016

A Risky Woman's Work II


I'm addressing the blokes here: ever been hoovering the living room, only to have the mem-sahib hovering around you helpfully pointing our bits you've missed before you've even reached them? Do you eventually do what I do and finally give up to the inevitable, handing her the hoover (biting back the desire to tell her to do it herself then), only to face being told at a later date that you never help with the hoovering?

I hear some bloody doctors want to ban rugby tackles in school rugby due to the risk of damage that can be caused. It's a fact that more kids receive broken bones and concussion from skiing than school rugby. De-risking everything seems to be the order of the day.

No.1 Son took an interest in this story and has alerted me to the inherent risks in me getting him to mow the lawn - there's a risk of all manner of nasty lacerations to toes and fingers. Washing the dishes is another thing he's concerned about due to the risk of bacteria infection. As for changing his bedding, well, naturally there's exposure to dust mites. I can honestly say I never thought of all these risks. I guess there's a risk in me slapping him over the head too, or should that be a risk of....

Talking of risky behaviour, I spotted this aresehole doing 4 wheel drifts at high speed round our local roundabout yesterday - in the wet. He did one and a quarter circuits and three drifts before spotting me and my camera and making a fast exit toward Chipping Sodbury. Naturally I reported him at the local police station. Doubt anything will happen.


X387 FGF, if anyone's interested. Feel free to circulate if you're from the Chipping Sodbury Yate area - might shame the bugger.



7 comments:

potty said...

My Dad pre and post WW2 worked for the GEC. We were never allowed to call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover. Mind you, now I have a Dyson and it's mine as I am the sole user, but he will detangle the brush -if asked.

Chairman Bill said...

Never had my brush detangled...

Alan Burnett said...

They could keep the tackles and just ban the rest - all that running around stuff - never saw the point of it.

Chairman Bill said...

Now there's a surprise - I thought you'd comment on the hoovering bit...

A Heron's View said...

Quite obviously you need more practise with the vacuum cleaner.
If there is no scrum it is not rugby.
Buy your son some pink plastic gloves to do the washing up with !

Chairman Bill said...

Negative, affirmative and as for the 3rd issue, No.1 Son informs me Marigolds are a known carcinogen....

Geo. said...

The Chairman hoovering?! Say no more...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7Y0I91rubg