Friday 8 January 2016

The Humble NRA Watch


The next time there's a gun massacre by some nutter in the USA, the anti-gun lobby should lay the blame, fair and square, at the foot of the NRA and the gun lobby - and prosecute them as well as the perpetrator. Either that, or simply ban the NRA as an organisation that facilitates terrorism.

It strikes me as illogical that Americans are scared stiff of most harmless Muslims, but unafraid of their own nutters with automatic weapons. Surely they should be welcoming jihadis so as to further their agenda of guns for all. That just shows how morally and intellectually bereft their arguments are.

This is my watch - an Omega Seamaster De Ville. A very good watch in its time and now a classic.


It's old, it's battered, the face is scratched, it was my father's before me and was originally bought in the late 50s or early 60s.

It tells me the time and even tells me the date. It's self-winding, but due to me not being that active I sometimes have to give it a boost. On months with 28, 29 or 30 days in them, I have to wind it on a bit to get the date to change - not a massive issue. It can lose a minute in half a week - I could have it adjusted, but a minute is not key in my life. If I do need pinpoint, accurate time I refer to my phone. In time, it will be passed on the No.1 Son and I just hope he treasures it as much as I do.

It doesn't tell me my heart rate, my blood pressure, how many steps I've taken or any of that kind of rubbish as, quite frankly, I'm not the least bit interested. I can guestimate how many miles I've walked and I know how overweight I am just by looking in a mirror.

What's the fascination with these fancy new smart watches that track your every activity, even if you do no exercise whatsoever? Surely they must be an embarrassment for most people who wear them?


2 comments:

Steve Borthwick said...

V. Nice! A classic design from their heyday. You're lucky your old man snagged one! (he probably paid sensible money for it in the day?)

potty said...

Apart from accuracy and good looks my Rolex Datejust is washing up, shower & swimming bath proof.
Don't agree with your NRA thoughts but I won't threaten you with a gun because of it.