Wednesday 4 September 2013

Secure Stone


Airport security is getting worse - yesterday at Stavanger I had to remove all my cables from my travel bag for the first time ever. It wouldn't have been so bad, except for the fact my SAS flight to Copenhagen was cancelled, so I had to go out into the check-in area again to re-book a flight to Milan via Frankfurt with Lufthansa - so two trips through airport security.

Last weekend we went to Tewkesbury and visited the Abbey (see previous post). There's a notice there that says William the Conqueror, or William the Bastard, as he was known (but not to his face), had stone for the Abbey brought over from Caen. Seems a bit daft when you realise the place is a hop-skip-and-a-jump from the source of Bath stone, which is some of the best limestone in the world.


No comments: