Wednesday 23 September 2009

The Yolk's On You


At breakfast this morning in the Premier Inn near HQ, I was contemplating the humble fried hen’s egg.

I don’t particularly like the white of an egg, particularly if it’s ‘snotty’. It can also hold its heat like a nuclear furnace. I eat it under sufferance, waiting to attack the yolk; however, if not cooked to perfection and still very runny, it disappears the minute you cut into it and spreads all over the plate, being virtually impossible to eat unless mopped up with something else, completely destroying its flavour in the process.

Are you as frustrated with fried eggs as I am?

8 comments:

Alan Burnett said...

Do I detect that the frustration is not with the fried hen's egg (e delicious treat at the worst of times) but with the day you are about to spend. Could your grandma suck a fried egg?

Ms Scarlet said...

Stick it between two slices of white and bite down hard. And don't get it on your tie.
Sx

Steve Borthwick said...

Scarlet-Blue has it sorted - fried egg sandwich is the only way to go; the only dilemma is brown sauce or red?

Louise | Italy said...

Turn it over and put it on a slice of toasted. Then stick a nice sharp fork into it (think of it as a management consultant). Eat egg and toast together. No problem.

Jennysmith said...

Lordy, Bill, you're as bad as my kids! They get squeamish about the white "snotty" bit too. Be a man about it! Eggs are brilliant! Go to work on an egg I say!

tony said...

The White bit doesnt bother me either way.I cant stand overcooked yolk.

Bee said...

I rarely eat fried eggs; I prefer them boiled. I'm trying to figure out if "snotty" applies most to taste, texture or appearance.

Anonymous said...

That's why eggs have whites... to mop up the yolk.

AV